Hemp Lip Balm Recipe
Makes up to 25 Lip Balms
This natural lip balm recipe uses hemp seed oil, which is rich in essential fatty acids, to penetrate into the lips - moisturizing and leaving them feeling soft and supple. With natural butters, oils, and waxes, this therapeutic lip balm formula will help to prevent and repair the dry, damaged chapping that often occurs in winter time from exposure to the elements.
- Cocoa Butter - 30 grams / 30%
- Beeswax Pastilles - 24 grams / 24%
- Shea Butter - 12 grams / 8%
- Hemp Seed Oil - 21 grams / 14%
- Castor Oil USP - 45 grams / 30%
- Avocado Oil - 15 grams / 10%
- Vitamin E - 3 grams / 2%
- (Optional) Lip Balm Flavour or Essential Oil
- Combine Cocoa Butter, Beeswax, and Shea Butter into a double boiler or microwave safe bowl
- Over low heat, melt all ingredients together, taking care to not get the mixture too hot
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in Hemp Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, and Vitamin E (Reheat as necessary if mixture starts to harden)
- If desired, add Lip Balm Flavour or Essential Oil by drops until desired flavour level is achieved.
- Package into Lip Balm Tube, Lip Balm Tins, or Lip Balm Jars
- If your mixture starts to harden while you’re pouring, simply reheat with care until melted
- When using plastic lip balm tubes, use caution to not pour the product while too hot, this may cause leaks in the lip balm tubes.
- If the lip balm sinks down as it cools you can do a top up pour, if desired, to create a flush top
- Try our Lip Balm Tube Filling Trays for fast, easy pouring and flush tops every time!
- Extra Lip Balm base can be stored in an airtight container to be easily re-melted for use at a later time/date
- We carry different varieties of Cocoa Butter, Beeswax, Shea Butter, Hemp Seed Oil, etc. Choose from refined, unrefined or organic for your recipe.
Get this recipe as a downloadable PDF here!