Solid Sugar Scrubs
Ingredients to make 1 tray of scrubs:
37% Shea Butter 74 grams
5% Coconut Oil Fractionated 10 grams
20% Clear Melt and Pour Soap 40 grams
37% Sugar 74 grams
1% Vitamin E MTS-50 2 grams
Fragrance Oil or Essential Oil if desired
Clover Wax Tart Mold
Chromium Hydroxide Green Colorant
1. Weigh out the melt and pour soap, shea butter, and coconut oil into a measuring cup.
2. Using a double boiler or the microwave, heat up the mixture until no solids remain, stirring well. The shea butter will sit in suspension in the soap base, so it's ok if the appearance is spotty.
3. Weigh out and add your sugar to the melted mixture, and stir to incorporate. Shea butter cools very slowly so the sugar will have a tendency to sink to the bottom of the cup, just keep stirring until the scrub cools slightly.
4. Add the Chromium Green colorant. We used about 3 x 0.15 cc scoops' worth.
5. Stir the scrub until the colorant is evenly dispersed, then pour the scrub into each cavity of the mold. There should be just enough for one tray of scrubs.
Let the scrubs cool down completely before un-molding. This might take quite a few hours due to the shea butter, but you can put the tray in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.