Sweet Sugar Scrub Recipe
Makes one 4 oz. jar (210 grams)
A sweet homemade exfoliating sugar scrub recipe using natural ingredients, that will help exfoliate dead skin and leave your body feeling super soft and lovely.
What You Will Need:
- Raw Sugar -- 137 grams (65%)
- Sunflower Oil -- 47 grams (22%)
- Avocado Oil -- 15 grams (7%)
- Coconut Oil Fractionated -- 12 grams (5.5%)
- Vitamin E T-50 -- 1 gram (approx. 1/4 tsp.)
- Favorite oil soluble Fragrance Oil or Essential Oils -- To Personal Scent Preference
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula
- Paper towel
- Eye protection
- Latex gloves
- Measuring Spoon
If you wish to color your sugar scrub recipe, substitute the raw sugar with white granulated sugar. Add an oil soluble color (Ultramarines, Chromium Greens, Iron Oxides or Micas) to the sugar at the beginning of the recipe before you add any oils. Please note that you only need to add the slightest sprinkle of color to make the sugar a very pale shade, as the color will intensify in darkness once you add your oils.
- Step 1: In a small bowl, measure out your sugar and add any powder color if desired. Stir well to adhere color to the sugar (We used raw sugar for this recipe so no color was added).
- Step 2: Add the remainder of ingredients, as well as, any oil soluble fragrance or essential oil and stir well to combine.
- Step 3: Package into plastic or glass jars (we used our 4oz plastic bail jars with this recipe) and your product is ready to use.
Stir the sugar scrub before use, then place a small amount in your hand. In a circular motion, gently massage the sugar scrub into the area you want to exfoliate, then rinse well.
Please note: It's natural for some of the oils to rest on top of the sugar in these types of scrubs, hence mixing before use.
The recipes and information provided by Voyageur Soap & Candle Company Ltd. are for our customers educational and personal use only. All formulas and recipes have been formulated by Voyageur but we don't accept liability to their effectiveness or the success of the formulas when being made. Any commercial use of these recipes are not endorsed or recommended by Voyageur Soap & Candle. It is the responsibility of the individual user to meet the appropriate regulatory requirements of their jurisdiction in all matters. For any troubleshooting, questions, or concerns that are not able to be answered by this guide please contact our customer service team at:
Toll Free: 1-800-758-7773 | Phone: 604-530-8979