Soap Nuts - Whole
Soap Nuts are a brilliant, natural alternative to chemical soaps and cleaners. Not only that, soap nuts also have the added benefit of being gentle for people with allergies or sensitivities to cleansers or detergents! The soap nut shells naturally produce saponin when introduced with water, creating a bubbly lather with cleansing properties.
INCI: Sapindus mukorossi
Country of Origin: India
Plant Part Used: Shell
How to use Soap Nuts:
1. Place 5 whole soap nuts in a muslin bag and tie closed.
2. Place laundry and muslin bag of soap nuts in your washing machine. Following the instructions on your garment tags select the temperature and type of wash cycle that is best for the fabric.
3. At the end of the wash cycle, remove from the washer the muslin bag of soap nuts and set aside. Allow to dry or if needed, wash another load.
4. You can use new soap nuts for up to 10 washes or until they start to disintegrate.
5. When soap nuts look dried out or are disintegrating, empty muslin bag and use soap nuts in garden compost.
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).