Germall Plus Preservative
Liquid Germall Plus Preservative is a broad spectrum antimicrobial preservative which is compatible with virtually all cosmetic ingredients for use in personal care and household products where extended shelf life is desired. Germall Plus offers complete broad spectrum preservation against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, yeast, and mold.
- Germall Plus Preservative (Also Known as Liquid Germall Plus Preservative)
- Paraben Free Preservative
- Germall Plus has no known inactivators and is compatible with virtually all cosmetic ingredients.
- Liquid Germall Plus is a combination of Germall II and IPBC pre-dissolved in Propylene Glycol that exhibits a synergistic preservative effect, reducing the total active preservative level necessary
- Can be used in a wide variety of products including shampoos, body/shower gels, conditioners and other high water content products, as well as water-in-oil and oil-in-water emulsions, creams, lotions, scrubs and make-up
Advantages to using Germall Plus Preservative are:
- Germall Plus is compatible with virtually all cosmetic ingredients
- Is an effective preservative, even in small quantities
- Germall Plus is soluble in cationic, anionic and nonionic water soluble formulations, as well as in the emulsified portion of oil-in-water and water-in-oil emulsions.
- Germall Plus can be used to bolster other preservatives in a formulation
- Effective in products with a pH of 3.0 - 8.0
- Recommended use levels in finished formulations are 0.1 - 0.5%.
- INCI: Propylene Glycol & Diazolidinyl Urea & Iodopropynyl Butylcarbonate
- CAS #: 57-55-6 & 78491-02-8 & 55406-53-6
- Specific Gravity: 1.15 - 1.25 @ 25°C
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Not to be used in aerosols.
- Germall plus is heat sensitive and should be added to products at a temperature of 50°C (122ºF) or BELOW to prevent degradation of the preservative qualities.
- The addition of Germall Plus above 50°C (122ºF) could result in compromising the preservative system in your product.
- Usage Rate: 0.1 - 0.5%
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).