Niacinamide - Vitamin B3
Niacinamide or Vitamin B3 is a cosmeceutical ingredient that can be used in a variety of DIY products including lotions, creams, toners, moisturizers and more. Niacinamide Powder is a water soluble and heat tolerant ingredient which research shows can offer an array of benefits including helping to improve the appearance of aged, hyperpigmented and photodamaged skin while also helping reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Niacinamide has been shown to help decrease skin blotchiness and roughness by acting as a soothing agent through improving skin hydration.
- Niacinamide (Also Known as Vitamin B3)
- Appearance: White Granular Powder
- 98.5% Purity
- Niacinamide behaves as an anti-inflammatory and enhances skin’s barrier function as clinical studies have shown that Niacinamide can help increase skin’s keratin, ceramides, and barrier lipids, resulting in a reduction of transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and an increase in collagen synthesis.
- Niacinamide has been shown to help reduce hyperpigmentation of age and sun spots as well as reduce the damage from environmental causes that cause irritation, inflammation, and skin redness
- Niacinamide has been shown to help reduce the appearance and severity of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as helping decrease skin blotchiness and roughness by improving skin moisturization
Can be Used in a Variety of Products Including:
- Makeup Products
- Body Butters
- Facial Moisturizers
- Anti-Aging Products
- After Sun Products
- Products for Blemished Skin
- INCI: Niacinamide
- CAS: 98-92-0
- Appearnace: White Granular Powder
- Recommended Usage: 1-6%
- Solubility: Water soluble
- Can be added to the water phase of formulations or directly into a finished cream or base cream
- Avoid using Niacinamide in acidic formulations to avoid potential hydrolysis and the formation of nicotinic acid which can cause skin irritation. The ideal final pH of a product should be 6.
- For External Use Only
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).