AHA - Lactic Acid 88% FCC
Lactic Acid 88% FCC is often used as a milder alternative to glycolic acid in cosmetic products and as a popular anti-aging treatment. Alpha hydroxyl acids or AHAs such as lactic acid are traditionally used to improve the feel and complexion of skin by promoting smoother, younger looking skin through the increase in the rate of cell renewal and the improvement of skin texture and tone. This makes Lactic Acid a common ingredient in products such as creams, lotions and other products designed to help remove the undesirable signs of aging such as discoloration, roughness of skin and wrinkling. Lactic Acid is often used as a natural pH adjuster in formulations and is produced through the fermentation of carbohydrates, with this product not containing bovine, ovine, or caprine materials of any type.
- Lactic Acid 90%
- Lactic Acid is an Alpha Hydroxyl Acid or AHA
- Typical Usage Rate: 1 - 5%
- Lactic Acid is commonly used as a milder alternative to glycolic acid in cosmetic products
- Is a popular anti-aging product as it is used to help improve the feel and complexion of skin by promoting smoother, younger looking skin through the increase in the rate of cell renewal and the improvement of skin texture and tone.
- Lactic Acid is a common ingredient in products such as creams and lotions
- Lactic Acid can be used as a natural pH adjuster in formulations
- Lactic Acid is a Naturally Sourced Product
- INCI: Lactic Acid
- CAS: 50-21-5
- Typical Usage Rate: 1 - 5%
- Appearance: Colorless syrupy liquid
- pH as supplied: 0.6
- Specific Gravity: 1.17
- Soluble in Water, Alcohol and Glycerol
- Note: The CIR Review of Lactic Acid indicates that it is approved for use at 10% or less, at a final formulation pH that is no less than 3.5, when formulated to avoid increasing sun sensitivity or when directions for use include the daily use of sun protection. Due to the fact that products formulated with AHAs can increase skin irritation and sun sensitivity, the FDA & Health Canada require specific labeling of all skin products containing AHA's at concentrations equal to or greater than 3%. This information and much more is contained in This FDA Document and This Health Canada List under Alpha-hydroxy Acids.
- Caution: Do not directly apply Lactic Acid onto your skin. It is strongly acidic and will BURN! This product should only be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate with a final pH of your product being no lower than pH 3.5
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).