MCT Oil 60/40 (Medium Chain Triglycerides)
Our Medium Chain Triglyceride or MCT Oil is a liquid and clear oil that does not go solid at room temperature and has a near indefinite shelf life with proper storage. MCT Oil is extremely gentle, light and moisturizing, providing a non-greasy feel that will not clog pores. MCT Oil can be used in creams, lotions, lip balms, soaps, baby products, bath oils, massage oils, and as a carrier for essential oils. Furthermore, MCT Oil is also a great choice for massage as it is a light, non-greasy, non-staining, liquid oil.
- MCT Oil 60/40
- Medium Chain Triglyceride
- MCT Oil is a clear, liquid oil that does not go solid at room temperature and has a near indefinite shelf life with proper storage.
- MCT Oil is extremely gentle, light and moisturizing, providing a non-greasy feel that will not clog pores.
- Our MCT Oil is a refined oil that is produced through esterification
- MCT Oil is highly stable and resistant to oxidation, while also being an effective emollient, moisturizer and viscosity regulator
- MCT Oil is a non-greasy oil that can easily absorb into the skin without clogging pores, making it a great choice for massage due to it being a light, non-greasy, non-staining, liquid oil.
Can Be Used In A Variety of Products Including:
- Lip Balms
- Bath Oils
- Massage Products
- Aromatherapy Products
- Body Care Products
- Personal Care Products
- Carrier Oil for Essential Oils
- INCI: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
- CAS # 73398-61-5 / 65381-09-1
- Saponification Value: 325 - 345 mg KOH/g
- Shelf Life: Indefinite with proper storage - out of direct sunlight in a cool environment
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Esterification
- Processing Type: Refined
What Are Triglycerides?
- Triglycerides refer to the number of carbon atoms that are found in fatty acids.
- There are different types of fatty acids with Long-Chain Fatty Acids containing 13–21 carbons, Medium-Chain Fatty (MCT) Acids have 6-12 carbon atoms, and Short-Chain Fatty Acids have fewer than 6 carbon atoms.
- The benefit of the shorter chain length in MCT is that the fatty acids are more rapidly broken down and absorbed into the body.
- The predominant fatty acids featured in our MCT Oil 60/40 are Caprylic Acid (C8), and Capric Acid (C10) fatty acids.
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).