Frankincense Essential Oil
Our Frankincense Essential Oil comes from India and is extracted by Steam Distillation of the resin. Frankincense Oil has a warm, rich, sweet-balsamic aroma with fresh top notes and is used in a variety of products including aromatherapy, perfumery, soap, and other fine toiletries.
- Frankincense Essential Oil
- Olibanum Oil
- Indian Frankincense
- Country of Origin: India
- Aromatic Summary: Warm, rich, sweet-balsamic aroma with fresh top notes
- Aromatic Strength: Medium
- Blends well with other essential oils including Sandalwood, Pine, Vetiver, Geranium, Lavender, Neroli, Orange, Bergamot, Camphor, Basil, Pepper, Cinnamon.
- Frankincense Oil is Steam Distilled from resin.
- Frankincense is a handsome small tree with pinnate leaves and white or pale pink flowers. The plant naturally produces an oleo gum resin which is extracted by making an incision in the bark. A milky-white liquid is released from these incisions and solidifies into tear-shaped amber resin lumps.
- Frankincense has been used since antiquity as an incense in India, China and in the west by the Catholic Church. In ancient Egypt it was used in rejuvenating face masks, cosmetics, and perfumes.
- Frankincense Oil contains various derivatives of boswellic acid including β-boswellic acid, acetyl-β-boswellic acid, 11-keto-β-boswellic acid and acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid.
- Botanical Name: Boswellia serrata
- INCI: Boswellia serrata (Gum) Oil
- Country of Origin: India
- Plant Part: Resin
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Color: Ranges from a pale yellow to greenish liquid
Caution: Essential Oils are concentrated essences from plants and should always be diluted before application to the skin to avoid irritation. We do not promote or encourage the use of essential oils internally, but instead promote their usage more for their aromatic and topical benefits. Always ensure that you are aware of the contraindications of the oils that you are using and consult with your doctor or a certified aromatherapist if you have health concerns or questions.
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).