Germaben II Preservative
Germaben II is a convenient, ready-to-use, complete antimicrobial preservative system with broad spectrum activity. The solubilized combination of Germall II with Methylparaben and Propylparaben is effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, as well as, yeast and mold. An ideal preservative for products such as shampoos, creams, lotions, hair conditioners and other emulsion products.
- Germaben II Preservative
- A convenient, ready-to-use, complete antimicrobial preservative system with broad spectrum activity
- Germaben’s active components have been solubilized in Propylene Glycol, making them easy to incorporate into formulations.
- An ideal preservative for products such as shampoos, hair conditioners, creams, lotions and other emulsion products
Advantages to using Germaben II are:
- Germaben II is a great, ready-to-use preservative
- Can be used in emulsions with an oil phase of about 25%, and is equally as effective in water soluble formulations
- Germaben II can be used without additional co-preservatives and is compatible with essentially all cosmetic ingredients including surfactants and proteins.
- Germaben has been used to preserve troublesome formulations containing nonionic surfactants, proteins, soluble collagen, aloe vera extracts and herbal extracts.
- Effective in products with a pH of 3.0 - 7.5
- INCI: Propylene Glycol & Diazolidinyl Urea & Methylparaben & Propylparaben
- CAS #: 57-55-6 & 78491-02-8 & 99-76-3 & 94-13-3
- Specific Gravity: 1.1768 - 1.1876 @ 25°C
- Appearance: Clear to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic Mild Odor
- Germaben II is heat sensitive and should be added to the water phase or the emulsified portion of the formulation at a temperature of 60°C (140°F) or BELOW. Add during the cool down stage, generally prior to the addition of fragrance.
- Adding Germaben II above 60°C (140°F) could result in compromising the preservative system in your product.
- Usage Rate: 0.5 - 1.0%
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).