Golden Brands GW 415 Soy Container Candle Wax
Golden Wax - Akosoy 415 is a natural, 100% pure soy wax from AAK that provides excellent scent throw and minimal frosting, helping you make smooth and creamy soy container candles. It's higher melt point of 121°F - 125°F allows for better retention of a higher percentage of your fragrance resulting in this waxes excellent scent throw. This natural soy wax is made of pure soy with no additional additives, is FDA-approved and Kosher-certified. This soy wax also blends well with other waxes, such as paraffin and beeswax.
- Golden Wax 415 (Also known as Golden Brand 415, Golden Brand - Akosoy 415 or GW415)
- Melt Point: 121°F - 125°F
- Manufacturers Recommended Pour Temperature: 90°F - 100°F (We always recommend experimentation to determine the optimal pouring temperature for your container)
- Manufacturers Recommended Scent Load: 8%-10%
- Fragrance Load: About 10% Max
- Mettler Drop Point: 121.0 - 125.0
- Packaging Format: Soy Wax Flakes
- Candle Finish: Creamy, Opaque
- Manufacturer: AAK
- Note: We have found that a heat gun may be necessary to smooth out the tops of finished candles if a perfectly smooth top is desired.
Information from the Makers of Golden Wax
- Plant-based waxes are a completely natural renewable resource
- Golden Waxes are non-toxic, biodegradable and clean burning
- Golden Waxes are Kosher Certified
- Golden Waxes are completely free of animal derived substances and are not tested on animals
- Golden Waxes reduce set-up time, offer significant bloom/frost reduction and have great mold release
- Golden Waxes creates a fragrance throw that is comparable to paraffin and allows for vibrant colors.
Golden Brands - GW 415 Instructions
Golden Brands - GW 415 allows for top surface re-melting if necessary to create a smooth top to your container candle. Golden Brands - GW 415 is highly frost resistant and works great with dyes and has excellent scent throw both cold and hot.
Containers/Jars: Containers and jars should be clean and at ambient temperature. No pre-heating is necessary.
Dyes: Our Voyageur Dye blocks work well with Golden Brands - GW 415 Soy Wax. When using dyes, heat the wax to 185°F, add the dye, and mix until dissolved.
Fragrances: Recommended maximum scent load is about 8-10%. It is recommended that after you melt your wax to 185°F that you remove from heat and then add your fragrance, stirring gently for approximately 2 minutes to make sure fragrance is fully combined with the wax. If you are using a fragrance with a lower flash point, make an adjustment to your wax temperature as necessary.
Melting: Melt Golden Brands – GW 415 to 185°F under gentle agitation to promote even heating and thorough mixing. Add any desired fragrance and dye, mixing well to incorporate. Allow the wax to cool to desired pouring temperature. Manufacturer recommends pouring temperature of 90°F - 100°F though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature.
- Pour temperatures will vary according to container type and size, fragrance(s), essentials oils, dye(s), and the candle effects you desire.
- Different container configurations result in various cooling rates. Cooling too quickly or too slowly can cause concaving and/or frosting. The manufacturer recommended pour temperature is 90°F - 100°F. Pour temperatures should be checked and confirmed according to seasonal changes and adjusted as necessary for the size/type of container using.
- As the candle is being poured, it is typical for wax to solidify at first contact with the container. Golden Wax - GW 415 should have a pour temperature high enough so that when the container is full, the initial solidified wax has re-melted. Please note–the temperature should not be so high that the liquid wax sits more than 30 minutes before beginning to solidify.
Candle Cooling: Cool undisturbed candles at an ambient temperature of 70° F (21.1°C). The containers should be about 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) apart to allow air circulation for even cooling. The container should remain open during cooling for at least 24 hrs (large candles may require longer times). Slower cooling will encourage container adhesion while quicker cooling will encourage container pull away. Golden Wax - GW 415 is designed to adhere to the glass and should be encouraged to do so. Candles should be allowed to sit undisturbed for 24-48 hours before test burning. A heat gun may be necessary to smooth out the tops of finished candles if a perfectly smooth finish is desired.
Test Burning: Test burn the candle for burn pool diameter and quality after it has setup (cured or dried) for a minimum of 48 hours. Every combination of container, wax, dye, fragrances, and wick should be tested for burn quality.
Storage: Due to its low melt point it is important to keep flakes stored in a cool dry location away from direct heat, sunlight and moisture.
General Trouble Shooting: Test for one variable at a time when trouble shooting to isolate the cause. Variables include (but are not limited to): the container, wax, dye, fragrance, wick, pour temperature, and environmental conditions such as cooling temperature, along with manufacturing conditions.
- First make a candle in the container with only the wick (no dye or fragrance). If it looks good then the wax is performing normally.
- Then, one at a time, change a variable. Try adding the dye without fragrance to the container, wax and wick. If it looks good and burns well, the dye is compatible with the wax.
- Try adding the fragrance without dye to the container, wax and wick. If it looks good and burns well, the fragrance is compatible with the wax.
- Try the dye and fragrance together with the container, wax and wick. If it looks good and burns well the dye/fragrance combination is compatible with the wax.
- If you are experiencing burn problems, try a different type or size of wick.
- Other variables to try are different pouring and cooling temperatures and even different containers.
- Ensure all equipment and materials are contaminant free.
- Test for one variable at a time when trouble shooting to isolate the cause.
Shelf Life: When stored properly, as per instructions, Golden Wax - GW 415 has a minimum shelf life of 3 years.
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).