Mattify Nail Polish Base
When adding dyes, pigments and micas to an uncolored base like the Mattify Nail Polish Base, there are a couple easy tricks to ensure a good color:
- Don't "overload with color". For a single bottle of nail polish, you really don't need more than about a "pea-sized" amount of pigment, dye or mica added. Too much color and your nail polish will not dry correctly and it will tend to peel off.
- It is always a good idea to "wet" the pigment or dye with rubbing alcohol before adding it to your polish, otherwise you run the risk of the polish being gritty.
This Nail Polish Base is Vegan, Cruelty-Free and 10-Free
INCI Ingredient List:
- Ethyl Acetate
- Butyl Acetate
- Adipic Acid / Neopentyl Glycol / Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer
- Acetyl Tributyl Citrate
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Acrylates Copolymer
- Stearalkonium Bentonite
- Styrene / Acrylates Copolymer
- N-Butyl Alcohol
- Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate
- D&C Violet #2
Note: This nail polish base is vegan, cruelty free and 10-free. Being 10-free means that the nail polish base is formulated without:
- Formaldehyde Resin
- Ethyl Tosylamide
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).