Optiphen Plus Preservative
Optiphen™ Plus is a liquid preservative formulation that features an innovative blend of phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid and an emollient base that offer effective protection against bacteria, yeast and mold growth while also imparting emolliency. This preservative is effective as a stand-alone system while also functioning well with other preservatives. Optiphen™ Plus has an extensive range of applications in aqueous and emulsion-type personal care formulations and is compatible with most raw materials in the personal care industry.
- Optiphen Plus Preservative
- This preservative is Formaldehyde-free, Paraben-free, Halogen-free and Non-Isothiazolinone
- Compatible with most raw materials that are used in the personal care industry.
- Can be used in a wide range of aqueous and emulsion-type products including lotions, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, scrubs and sprays
Advantages to using Optiphen™ Plus are:
- Optiphen Plus Preservative is a globally approved preservative
- Formaldehyde-free, paraben-free, halogen-free and non-isothiazolinone
- Excellent safety and toxicological profile
- Imparts emolliency to finished formulations.
- A highly effective, broad spectrum antimicrobial preservative against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, Yeast, and Mold
- Optiphen Plus Preservative performs best in formulations below 6.0 pH, however it has also been proven effective at pH levels above 6.0 depending on the formulation of the product.
- INCI: Phenoxyethanol & Caprylyl Glycol & Sorbic Acid
- CAS #: 122-99-6 & 1117-86-8 & 110-44-1
- Specific Gravity: 1.0140 - 1.0240 @ 25°C
- Appearance: Clear to light yellow liquid
- Optiphen™ Plus can be added during pre- or post-emulsification at 80°C (176°F) or BELOW
- Usage Rate: 0.75 - 1.5%
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).