Silverion 2400 Antimicrobial Preservative
The fast-killing activity of Silverion 2400 makes it an effective antimicrobial preservative for home & personal care products. Multi-functional, it is also used as a deodorant active for body deodorants, killing odor causing bacteria and as a biocide in household cleaning and institutional products.
Make your own deodorizing room sprays easily and naturally with the addition of Silverion together with water and essential oils or fragrance oils. With the addition of Silverion odor is not just masked, the Silverion kills the odor causing bacteria making it a great product for use on sports equipment, pet bedding, garbage cans and any where else undesirable odor and bacteria may be lurking.
TINOSAN® SDC provides broad spectrum antimicrobial activity and is effective against unwanted skin bacteria and pathogenic micro organisms.
Advantages to using TINOSAN® SDC are:
- Works great in formulations with a pH of 7.0 and below
- Is compatible with many antimicrobial preservatives
- It is highly water soluble and easy to incorporate into water based formulations
- It is compatible with gels, surfactant based, and emulsion products
- INCI: Citric Acid & Silver Citrate
- CAS #: 77-92-9 & 126-45-4
- Appearance: Clear liquid
- Add when product is at 45°C or BELOW
- Usage Rate: 0.1 - 0.3% in cosmetics - 0.1 - 0.5% in home care products
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).