Voyageur Gloss Base (Versagel)
Our Voyageur Gloss Base is a gluten free and vegan lip gloss base that possesses strong UV and thermal stability as well as excellent moisturizing properties. Our Voyager Lip Gloss Base, also known as Versagel ME 750, can be used by itself as your products base, or mixed with other mineral pigments, waxes and oils. This Voyageur Gloss Base makes a great addition to your DIY Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Moisturizers, Body Lotions, Creams, Balms, Salves and other Body Care Products!
Temporarily out of Stock - ETA April 20th
- Voyageur Gloss Base
- Our Voyageur Gloss Base is also known as Versagel ME 750
- Voyageur Gloss Base is a vegan and gluten free base that has excellent moisturizing properties
- Voyageur Gloss Base can be used by itself as your products base, or mixed with other mineral pigments and oils.
- Voyageur Gloss Base possesses excellent thermal and UV stability, as well as a versatile chemical compatibility for your cosmetic and personal care projects
- Voyageur Gloss Base possesses suspension capabilities as well as excellent clarity, meaning that depending on particle size components such as glitter, wax beads, colourants and other materials to be suspended
A Great Addition To A Variety Of Products Including:
- Lip Gloss
- Lip Stick
- Body Lotions
- Massage Oils
- Hair Gels
- Body Care Products
- Cosmetic Formulations
- INCI: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer
- Appearance: Clear Liquid Gel
- Odor: Characteristic
- Specific Gravity @ 25°C: 0.815 – 0.840
- Storage: We recommend storing this product in an airtight container in a cool, dark location. When stored properly, it is best used within 3 years from date of purchase.
- Voyageur Gloss Base can be used by itself as your products base, or can be mixed with other oils and mineral pigments
- If you are looking to just add colorants or flavors to the base, a simple way to do so is to scoop some of the base into a zip lock bag and then add any other ingredients. You can then close the bag and smush together all the ingredients, cutting the bottom corner of the bag for dispensing the product once it is fully combined
- To combine our Voyageur Gloss Base with other products likes oils or waxes, we have found that the best way to do this is to melt the additives in one container and the Gloss Base in another, at the same time. When the product in both containers is melted and at similar temperatures, then they can then be combined and stirred together.
- We have found a good temperature for heating the mixture is to slowly heat it to around 160°F (71°C) with gentle stirring to get rid of any bubbles. The mixture can then be removed from the heat and allowed to cool to around 100°F (37°C) where you can then add any desired colorant and/or flavors.
- Due to this product being colorless, certain additives such as jojoba oil may slightly tint the colour of your finished product.
- Cleaning Up Spills: We know that crafting can be messy, so we thought that we would outline what we have found to be the best way to clean up spills. First, due to the products consistency we suggest wiping away any spills with a dry paper towel to remove the bulk of the product. Then, for any small amount of residue that remain, we suggest then using a paper towel with rubbing alcohol or a dish detergent such as Dawn.
- Cleaning Up Your Mixing Bowls: For stubborn messes that may need a bit more cleaning such as leftover product in your mixing bowl, we have found that you can help solubilize or dissolve the base by working in a few drops of oil such as fractionated coconut oil, mineral oil, or castor oil. You can then wash everything away with soap and water.
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).