Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein
Knows as the “mother grain" Quinoa has been cultivated in the South American Andes since at least 3000 BC and is considered a sacred grain in many cultures for its amazing health benefits. Considered a complete protein, Hydrolyzed Quinoa contains sixteen amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids, making this an incredible addition to your skin and hair care products for its multitude of benefits.
Providing excellent conditioning and moisturizing benefits to the skin and hair due to its high concentration of amino acids, this botanically derived protein is truly a protein powerhouse.
Used in many of the top professional hair care lines, studies have shown that the amino acids in Quinoa Protein provide extensive benefits to the hair including
- Hair repair and retention
- Improved hair color uptake for a more concentrated color
- Helps enhance color retention
- Increases styling ease, improved conditioning effect (wet and dry comb)
- Improves style & body
- Enhances shine for healthier looking hair
- Amino acids act as free radical scavengers to minimize oxidative damage that contributes to UV color fade (shift)
The Cationic amino acids have an affinity to the hair
- Bind to cuticle and act as an anchor to bind hydrolyzate to the hair
- Anchoring amino acids allow for enhanced deposition of other substances that have a weaker affinity (e.g. colorants)
The Anionic amino acids in the hydrolyzate create a scaffold around the hair to shield and protect it
- Acts as a sealant that coats hair and protects color from rinse-off
Considered a complete protein, Hydrolyzed Quinoa contains sixteen amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids, making this a wonderful addition to your skin and hair care products.
- ECOCERT & COSMOS Approved
- Botanically Derived
- Gluten Free
- GMO Free
- Paraben Free
- Phthalate Free
INCI: Hydrolyzed Quinoa
Appearance: Clear, amber liquid
Suggested Use Level: 1 – 5%
• Skin Care: skin creams & lotions
• Hair Care: post-chemical treatment products, revitalizing conditioners, hair color retention products, conditioning shampoo, shine enhancement products, hair colorants, products for curly hair
Formulating Guidelines: It is not recommended to expose material to temperatures above 40°C. However, if heat is required during formulation, it is recommended to add during the cool down phase below 45°C.
Solubility: Water soluble
pH: 4.0 – 5.5
Thermostability: We do not recommend heating past 40°C.
Preservative System: TRIstat E (consists of a blend of Benzyl Alcohol, Water, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate)
Storage Conditions: Store under dry, ambient conditions in tightly closed containers away from light. Avoid bacterial contamination.
California Prop Statement:
This product is not on the CA Prop 65 List of Toxic Chemicals.
The following statement is made in order to comply with the reporting requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above-mentioned regulation via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Additionally, ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).